Monday, March 20, 2017

I Love the Book of Mormon

Hi Family!

My seventh transfer has come and gone, and I am still in complete disbelief about that.  However, we got transfer news last night, and I am staying with Sister Johnson for another seven weeks!  This upcoming transfer will be seven weeks long due to MTC dates, which means I get an extra week as a missionary :)  I am super excited because I love this area a lot and Sister Johnson is so much fun to work with.

Summer is coming super fast here, and the Arizona Natives are not happy about it.  This last week has been between 95-100 degrees, and it hasn't even hit the first day of spring yet!  I am absolutely loving this weather, but I definitely have to be drinking a lot more water.

We've been working on getting teaching appointments in one of our wards to try to get to know members and get some missionary work going there.  We had a lesson with the Green Family this week, and I absolutely love them.  The Greens played a key role in introducing Patrick to the Gospel, and they are just a wonderful family.  We taught the Plan of Salvation to them, and I wasn't sure how it was going to go because they have younger kids.  Sister Johnson brought a little puzzle for the Plan of Salvation, so we used that and just had a lot of fun with it.  Their kids just loved it and I was impressed with how much they knew about the gospel.  It helped me realize how much fun it can be to teach simply and gave me greater love for the people I get to serve with.

This week was also a milestone in teaching Nicole.  We've really been struggling to help her read the Book of Mormon on her own.  Last time we tried to reset expectations and teach why we wanted her to read the Book of Mormon (I think I talked about that in my email last week), and this time, she was very proud to announce to us that she had read a couple chapters on her own!  We were beyond excited. We started reading 1 Nephi 11 with her and going over the explanation of the Tree of Life and for the first time, she began to pick out gospel principles in the scriptures on her own rather than seeing it as just a story.  It is really a testament that the Book of Mormon does change lives and hearts.  "The Book of Mormon, combined with the Spirit is the most powerful tool in conversion."  It is true! The more I learn about the Book of Mormon and just what the early Saints had to go through to defend their faith, the more I appreciate just how special it is that we have this book.  Please pray for Nicole as she continues in this amazing journey!  I love you all so much!

Sister Emily

1001 N Burk Street
Gilbert, AZ
85234


Finally got this picture 10 months after I got here


Pi-Day!


Sister Sabey, Sister Johnson, and Sister Foster


My companion is NUTS and I LOVE HER!

No comments:

Post a Comment