Monday, November 14, 2016

No Longer a Greenie

Hi my wonderful family!

I hit my six month mark this week, which means I am no longer a "greenie", but I still feel like I'm about two minutes old on the mission. I'm glad that P-Day is back on Monday again.  That threw me off.  So since I'm only writing from Wednesday to today, this one is going to be a shortie (but then again, it's me talking, so I guess "shortie" is relative).

Fun story of the week:  I never thought I'd have the problem of people accidentally trying to call me my dad's name.  I guess missions are full of surprises, eh? One of the Elders in my zone keeps accidentally saying, "Elder Sabey" whenever he needs to ask me something, so I have to quote Finding Nemo at him and remind him that "[Elder Sabey] is my father."

Transfers are coming up, and the verdict is that I am being transferred.  I'm sad to leave Sister Kranc, but excited for the adventures to come.  I can't believe it's already been six weeks with Sister Kranc.  It's gone by way too fast.  I'm excited to see the good things she will do in her last transfer, though!  The work is starting to turn around little by little, and I was blessed to see two awesome miracles this week.

First off, we have one part member family in our ward that the mom was baptized just over one year ago.  This family has a lot going against them, but it's incredible to see how she just pushes through everything and clings to the gospel.  We went over the other day to talk about getting ready to receive her endowments, and in the process, we talked about some of the other chaos that is going on in their family's home.  We offered to do a Family Home Evening with them, so Sister Kranc and I will be going over there after P-Day to teach them how to do that.

We also met a guy named Mike last week.  I don't remember if I told y'all about Mike, but he lives across the street from us and has gotten to know a lot of sister missionaries.  Last week, we talked to him and he opened up about his whole life story.  I asked him if he'd ever been invited to take the lessons from the missionaries.  He said yes, but that he always declines the offer. I offered to bring by a Plan of Salvation pamphlet because he mentioned how much his wife talks about what she imagines the next life to be like.  He told us we could bring it over, but she probably wouldn't read it.  We decided to try anyway and got talking to Mike for a while.  During the middle of talking, he asks us where we meet for church and if anyone can come.  We told him yes and told him that we were actually assigned to speak in Sacrament meeting on November 20th, and that we would love if he came to support us.  He asked if we could give him a shout out from over the pulpit, and we said we could definitely do that.  And that is my story about how Mike invited himself to church.  Now we just have to pray he actually comes.  He's going to help Sister Kranc and whoever her new companion is re-pot a plant that he has in his yard and said we could have a bit of to put in our yard, so we want to introduce him to Brother Bujaci when that happens.

Basically, there's been a lot of good things in this area, and I'm excited to see what else the Lord has planned for the people of the Arizona Gilbert Mission.

I love you, family!

Sister Emily



Transfer guesses for the Bella Vista Zone

Arizona is BEAUTIFUL

This awesome young woman leaves for her mission to Pennsylvania this week

Bella Vista Zone sports picture

No comments:

Post a Comment