Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Come and See--There's More

People of whom I am stuck with for eternity (aka my loving family)

How grateful I am to know that y'all have to still be my family forever and ever because I love you all a lot.  I hope you know that.

What a week.  I don't have much to report back on, but what I do have was pretty incredible.  This week, Sister Kranc and I renewed our determination to be exactly obedient.  The Lord really is just waiting to pour out blessings upon us because that very next day, we saw so many miracles.  We found two new less active, part-member families in our ward that we didn't know lived there, so we are excited to turn that over to the ward so they can befriend them.  We also had a lot of rain (which is the reason we found one of those families, but I also just love rain), so that was definitely a blessing. We have a couple of referrals in our Young Single Adult ward.  But best of all, we found someone to teach!

His name is Sergio, and we found him while street contacting.  He just has a rock-solid testimony of the Savior, and it was one of those conversations where the Spirit just guided everything.  It was amazing.  We have a lesson with him on Friday.

I suppose I should tell y'all about Halloween on the mission.  It was definitely not my typical Halloween, but I sure did have a lot of fun.  I got to go play Knockerball with the Bella Vista Zone (my zone) and the Florence Zone.  It's the thing were you are basically inside a giant hamster-ball-like bubble and your feet are sticking out.  Then you run into people and try to knock them over.

Then in the evening, since missionaries aren't allowed to be outside for safety reasons, the two zones gathered at a church building and we watched "Ephraim's Rescue".  I forget that such incredible miracles still happen in this day and age, and it's incredible how blessed we are to have that Priesthood power.  It was also just fun to see a room full of missionaries watch a movie for the first time in possibly up to 24 months.

We also had a general authority, Elder J. Devn Cornish, come to our mission.  That was pretty incredible.  He has such a strong testimony of the Gospel, and it's incredible to feel the spirit that resides in a room when a general authority is present.  All of what he said was good, but I just wanted to share one little bit.  He said that the banner that our church waves and declares to the rest of the world is "there's more".  I love that.  God has provided us with the fullness of His word and all we invite is for everyone everywhere to take the good that they have and come and see what else God has promised us.  How much must He love us? And even though opposition still comes, people still try to find fault, and dirty looks still come from those who don't understand, it all comes down to "come and see--there's more".

I am so thankful that there is more.  Because there God has more blessings in store for us than we can possibly imagine, I know that I'll have my family in the eternities--all of them.  I can't get over how much He must love us.  I just think about the little things He has blessed us with like puppies and how much He must love us to have given us those blessings.  Then I think how small that is in comparison to His eternal plan that involves the Atonement and the promise of an Eternal Family--and He still lets us have puppies on top of that.  I know God loves us and the trials that we face will seem so small when we are all together in the Eternities. And I know that is only possible because of what Jesus Christ did for each of us. I am so incredibly thankful for that and am excited to get to another week of extending that invitation to "come and see--there's more".

I love each and everyone of you more than I can possibly say, and this week has made me even more grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life. I can't say it enough how lucky I am to be part of a forever family.  Have a most wonderful week!

Sister Emily



Road trip to Florence

Learning how to fix a bike tire

Emily Street

No comments:

Post a Comment