Monday, November 20, 2017

Crazy Week, Short Email

Hi Family!

Last week, Dad told me what to say if people ask if I am trunky. He said to say, "I'm not trunky. I'm just a little carry-on. And that's what I intend to do--carry on."  Well, Pops, I have used it.  It's been fun because everyone has loved it so far.

Updates: Felicia has some crazy stuff going on with her family so we will have to postpone visits for a while.  She said she'll keep reading the Book of Mormon, though!  Charles will have to have his baptismal date moved back a little bit, but we are still working with him and now his brother wants to get baptized too!  Good stuff is definitely happening.

This week has been fun.  We got to go on splits this week with a young woman named Elizabeth.  She is waiting for her mission call, so she's been coming out with us a lot.  We had a cool experience that I'm really glad she was there for.  We were biking to go contact someone that had met missionaries before when on the way we saw a girl struggling with her bike chain.  It had fallen off.  We offered help, and another kid named Cameron came along and decided to help too.  We ended up having a pretty good discussion with them, and I was glad that Elizabeth got to be there for that unseen teaching opportunity.

We had another lesson with Laura and her kids, but the funny part was that we got there a few minutes early and didn't quite know what to do with our lives during the awkward amount of time that we had.  Well, Sister King LOVES cats and we saw some kittens, so we caught one.  Well, Laura came out during the middle of that and couldn't believe that we had caught that cat.  Apparently, she had nicknamed it the Evil Cat because it wasn't very friendly.  After the lesson, we found that cat and another one, and we got a picture of us holding "Diablo 1" and Diablo 2".  Laura said we were very brave.   I wouldn't have described it that way--I would have described it more as having no regard for my personal physical welfare.  Don't worry, Mom, the kitten I caught wasn't too mean.  Sister King got the really grumpy one.

I also got to perform my piano solo for the new member fireside this week.  It went well.  I felt like the Lord really helped me because I practiced as much as I could and then he helped it to go well when I played it.

Those were the things that stuck out for the week.  We have been running around a lot this week, but I am loving my mission.  I don't want it to end.  I love being a missionary.  I love you, Family!

Sister Emily

1001 N Burk Street
Gilbert, AZ
85234

My "nephew" Elder Falls and his trainer, Elder Moyes.  I asked the day Elder Moyes got his training call if I could be his greenie's aunt.  He said yes, so here is the result.


Sister King and I with the cats


Matching Sweatshirt Service Squad



No comments:

Post a Comment